Below is a sample of the Extension Vocabulary section of the Cracking the ABC Code Multisensory Reading Level 2 program
This exercise is designed to help students ‘see’ words inside of words and therefore make the decoding process easier.
Help student decode the word on the left hand side.
- Draw the student’s attention to the fact that the same word (written in bold font) is located inside the next two words to the right.
- Consequently, the student should immediately be able to say that part of the word without ‘resounding’.
- Then it is just a matter of adding on the accompanying prefix or suffix.
Students practice learning to read this list of word
- Read the words in rows from left to right, not down the columns.
- Aim for a time of 30 seconds.
Click on the book images to purchase.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please send Lillian a message.